captainB le avril 10, 2020, 03:30:26 15
Hi,
pardonnez mois, je n peut pas bien parler Francais..

Installation of Siril proceeded sucessfullly with adding the ppa repository, but I cannot start the program. Following error appears:

siril: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_core.so.3.2: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb10interface78internal15task_arena_base21internal_current_slotEv

My System: Ubuntu 18.04.4

Any Help is greatly appreciated.
Regards
-captainB

lock042 le avril 10, 2020, 04:12:22 16
Hello. Our english forum is here now:
https://discuss.pixls.us/siril

You have an issue with some dependencies. That is not a problem related to siril but to your installation.

captainB le avril 10, 2020, 05:33:13 17
Hello,

you have an issue with some dependencies. That is not a problem related to siril but to your installation.

OK, hmm, yeah, well, hmmm....thank you. But then the problem is: I followed all the instructions, I have all mandatory stuff installed, and as I most probably know much less about the requirements than you/the developers, or, to be exact, nothing :-) :-( , then there's no way for me to find out more ...

BTW: I cloned the git repository, then installed all required tools and libs mentioned  in the README, ... - and compiling don't work either, it stops already at the configuring stage with following message:
------------
    **Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

+ aclocal --install
+ intltoolize --force --copy --automake
./autogen.sh: 23: ./autogen.sh: intltoolize: not found
+ exit 1
--------------------

To conclude, well, its free stuff so I can't demand anything, but when I follow all the instructions and it still doesn't work, the the answer 'its a problem with your installation' is probably technically correct, but practically of not much use :-) :-(

But no problem, don't worry, there are other tools out there, I'll have a look a them ...

lock042 le avril 11, 2020, 08:16:42 08
Hello, a quick research on google show you that the message you have means you need to install:
sudo apt install intltoolof course, you are free to use other tools, we have no problem with that.

captainB le avril 12, 2020, 11:28:26 23
Hi,

j'essaye en Francais ...

j'ai cherché pour 'intltool' dans le programme 'synaptic', mais pas de succès. Hmm ?

Mais sur un autre ordinateur, avec Debian 8, j'ai un version Siril  0.9.8, ca fonctionne "out of the box". Ce n'est pas actuelle, mais ca suffit pour moi maintenant.

Salutations
-cB

lock042 le avril 13, 2020, 08:33:06 08
My opinion is that is a really bad idea to use this old (buggy) version.

j'ai cherché pour 'intltool' dans le programme 'synaptic', mais pas de succès. Hmm ?
As I said, just write:
sudo apt install intltool
There is also a flapak package of Siril: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.free_astro.siril

captainB le avril 14, 2020, 03:37:06 03
Buggy or not ... une version qui fonctionne est mieux q'une version qui ne fonctionne pas :-)
Mais j'ai essayé encore une fois...
After downloading lot and Lots and LOTS of libs&stuff, compilation worked. But linking returned the same error as stated in my first post. (OK, could be expected..) Apparently libopencv_core needs some stuff in libtbb which is missing. But even compiling the libtbb with the  latest TBB sources didn't help.

Edit:
 j'ai trouvé l'erreur. J'ai plusieurs versions de TBB sur mon machine (j'ai besoin de TBB pour des autres projets). 
So after changing ldconfig to link the new TBB stuff, Siril finally works. Yeah!
Dude, WTF :-)
« Modifié: avril 14, 2020, 04:38:14 04 par captainB »

lock042 le avril 14, 2020, 08:36:13 08
There is also a flapak package of Siril: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.free_astro.siril